Thursday, February 27, 2014

Interracial Relationships: I said I was going to talk about it, so here it is.

I mentioned I would blog about this issue in a previous post , so I figured I'd go in on it now.  First things first, I'd like to preface this by saying that I have nothing against interracial relationships, but here's what I don't like. Please watch this video closely.




See, here's why I don't like that video. It implies that Black men are some 3rd world anomaly that lives in the United States. And like people in 3rd world countries, they need a White savior to make it ALL better. That's okay tho. Let a White woman come into the equation like that. As soon as they have a disagreement, they will call the cops and cry assault and battery. And when it's time for him to tell his side of the story, she will go all partridge family on him so the cop will take her side.

Put away the pitchforks, and let me explain myself:   I live in an area where there are a lot of interracial relationships that are based on bullshit. For example, I keep hearing the following from that random White woman: She  wants to have a Black baby because, " They are soooooo cute", but she won't take the time to learn how to do that baby's hair, so the baby ends up looking all kinds of crazy, with candy, gum , lint q-tips and car keys all up in their head. It seems the baby is nothing more of a baby doll for them to carry, and they'll give that baby some jacked up ass name like "Demarkrious" or "Shalaterria." And when they see Black people, they think they have a kinship with them so they pop off with something ignorant. For example, I met this White lady whose husband was Sudanese. She made sure to tell me that they do want kids, but she hoped the kid has "normal hair". I asked her what did she mean by "normal hair." And she said, "You know, normal, like mine, and not a mess like his." All I could do is think, "Man, This bitch is ignorant. I really hope they don't have kids." Don't get me wrong, I could care less about who is sleeping with whom, but this fetishization type stuff has got to go clean out of the window. Stop cosigning fake love based on bullshit. Guess what will happen in that relationship if it's based on bullshit like that? What about the kids? How would they grow up? The kids will grow up with a god knows how many different mental issues based on how they grew up and what happened after the parents broke up. To raise kids in such a relationship based on stuff like that can be damaging and selfish as hell. That being said, people can GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT BULLSHIT.

Don't get me wrong. Love knows no boundaries, it's just that I get sick of seeing interracial relationships that are based on fetishes, or potential exotic conquests as if that person is only a potential check mark on someone's bucket list. Just because someone doesn't look like you doesn't mean they desire to be treated like a thing for one to possess or like their existence is to stroke your ego for the time being. This goes for all people, not just Black/White relationships.

All I'm saying is that if a person does decide to marry outside of their race, make sure it is for the right reason and they better be prepared to deal with everything that comes with it. And for gods sake, should you choose to have children, teach the kid about BOTH sides of their lineage and history. Ignoring it will set a lot of people up with a lot of unnecessary trouble. As much as people like to pretend, this really isn't a colorblind society. Stop playin' with that idea because it makes a whole lot of people look really stupid.


That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment