Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Mexican Immigration- Whoa! Hold Up! Hear Me Out First, and Help Me Answer These Questions.

I am FOR immigration. In fact, I am happy to get the chance to taste all of this delicious food that Mexican immigrants bring over with them. My tastebuds have been blessed with the experiences of the molcajetes, tacos de lengua, the Mexican shrimp cocktails, and various beers, like El Modelo Negro,Tecate, and Dos Equis.  It doesn't matter what kind of immigrants come over in my eyes, all I care about is getting the chance to eat all of that good food. I want my refrigerator and my cupboards to look like a UN convention, hands down.  Why hasn't North America been trading with everyone on the continent first? Why are we just now getting the chance to enjoy all of that yummy-ness? All of those goods are in very close proximity to North America. I would think it would be cheaper to ship on this continent than to get stuff from overseas, but I digress.

But here's the shit I don't like:

I understand that half of this land belonged to Mexico at one point, and now they want it back. Sure, I understand where they are coming from, but what took them so long to come back? Is it because everything is developed and all they have to do is get the job since the infrastructure is already in place? I understand the need for money and the desire to raise a family in a better environment by any means necessary . This is a universal thing that everyone wants, but some come over and they are hella racist. How are they going to beg for a job from a White person, talk shit about them  to their face in Spanish, while shitting on the Blacks that work there as well?  Guatemalans come to Mexico for jobs just as Mexicans come to the US, but Guatemalans get called piojos, or lice by Mexicans in Mexico. Why do they expect to get treated special in the states, when they can't treat Guatemalans fairly in their own country?   << Get the Fuck Outta Here with that!  As far as relations go between Blacks and Mexicans in North America goes, maybe I'm naive.  I thought Blacks and Mexicans were one in the same because there are Black people in Mexico, and there are whole towns named after Black people. Some people even refer to themselves as "Negro" in Mexico. There are Afro Mexicans that exist today that are doing their thing, and have a unique culture. Thanks to history, many darker skinned Mexicans have African lineage due to the slaves that were left when the Spaniards left. That can be seen in the various skin tones, and African features a lot of Mexicans have to this day.  Some Mexicans have no problem championing their Spaniard or Aztec heritage, but when Black is mentioned, they'll look at me sideways. Needless to say, I was very confused when I came to these parts. When I first came out here, I interacted with very few  Mexicans. In fact, I grew up with a kid named Fernando, and he was just that, a kid. I didn't put any thought into the fact that his family spoke Spanish sometimes, and he did too. I just thought it was how his family worked.  I thought they were cool, and I figured we were similar because I happen to enjoy spicy food, and hot sauce. I thought hot sauce was a Black thing, but I was soooo wrong, lol.

Later in my life, I went to a Mexican restaurant in order to try some real Mexican food. I was the first one in the restaurant, and I ordered a smothered burrito.  A few other people came in, and I was seated with a glass of water with no ice. I didn't think too much of it until after a lot of the people made their orders, it was taking quite a while for me to receive mine.  I watched a White family get their meals before I received mine. I began to get impatient, because their meals were more elaborate and I thought it couldn't take that long to make my little order that costed no less than five dollars. I waited and waited. No silverware was placed at my table. When I finally got my meal, it was stone cold. The cheese had gotten stuck to the plate. I had to ask for silverware and a napkin.  I was as kind as I could have been. I have never been one of those people who act crazy in a restaurant or treat the servers wrong in any way, shape or form regardless of the type of restaurant I chose to go to.  I couldn't figure out what or why they treated me that way. I wrote a short note in Spanish that described how I felt about their service and I left, never to return.

I also worked in a production environment where I was treated horribly by a Mexican man and his Spanish speaking friends. Being the only Black person among mostly White and Spanish speaking men was terrible. The Spanish speaking men  were really derogatory and made jokes about me sucking their dicks (exactly in those words, but translated in Spanish). I had made it known that I could understand and communicate in Spanish at the time, so I knew everything they said. They would go out of their way to make my job harder than it had to be by sabotaging the equipment I was using, and say that I wanted to be Mexican since I knew Spanish.  I figured I had to win their respect, so I worked harder than anyone else in the area and became the best performer out of the whole group.  One person in particular went into my back pack and stole my work gloves, they rifled through my stuff on separate occasions, and when it came time to eat, all of them would occupy ALL of the microwaves in hopes that no one would else get the chance to use them. I started to get bold and I would put my food in the microwave with theirs. Just to be fair, they did the microwave thing to ALL of the non Spanish speaking people, not just me. After a particularly hard day, I decided I had enough of the harassment, and I told the instigator that I spoke Spanish and I knew exactly what he and his friends were doing. I took the issue to HR, and this person pretended they didn't know a lick of English.  Long story short, I was made out to be this huge racist, and rumors had been spread about me through three different buildings. People I never met were treating me like crap because this guy wanted to get even with me for not allowing him to treat me bad.  The HR department ended up adding a section to their handbook that everyone had to sign otherwise they would be fired. 

I decided I would tell no one that I knew Spanish, and I stopped speaking it all together.  I left the company after working there for five years. 

Fast forward to 2011

I thought I needed a CPU for my PC. I searched high and low for one even online and they were talking about $64.00 plus for it. I wanted to see if I could get it local, so I combed all of the PC shops in my area. Almost all of the shops in my area would have had to order it online. I needed it at that moment, so I didn't order it. My last stop was a Mexican owned shop which had the item on display. There weren't any prices on any of the merchandise, so the lady at the register called her husband to see what the price was. She didn't know that I still knew Spanish, so she asked her husband the price. He said something on the other end, and his wife looked at me and said "Negro". Then the price was given to me: $95.00. Ninety five dollars?!  Really?!  I bought it because I thought I needed it right at that moment, and then after carefully assessing the situation I returned it because it turned out I didn't need a CPU. The funds were credited back to my account, but not after the package was carefully scrutinized. 

2012
I went to a different, and much classier restaurant in hopes of not receiving the same treatment I experienced long ago. By then, I had made more Mexican friends, and I began to feel better about my previous encounters. Similar treatment ensued. This time, I was given a dirty plate instead of a clean one, and instead of being by myself, I was with 3 other people (none of which were Black), who received clean dishes the first time. I politely asked the waitress to bring me a clean plate, which she did.  I went to that restaurant again with one other person who wasn't Black. I made my order, which was a $24.00 molcajete dish which contained crab legs. I was given the lower end dish(the one without the crab legs), but charged the higher end price. Another instance at the same restaurant, I made my order and no guacamole was added, even though the menu and the picture of the dish said it came with it.  My companion had no problems with his order.  I hardly think that was a coincidence. My question is Why make a restaurant that serves their country's food in another country, and then treat the patrons stupidly because they don't look like them or share a similar variation in skin tone? If they don't want Black people or people who don't look like them to enter their establishments, then don't create them, plain and simple. << Get The Fuck Outta Here With That Bullshit.  But wait, there's more.

They need to stop with the over charging, passive aggressiveness, silly tactics, and run the business with some respect. Stop talking all that mess and stirring it up when they get called out. Man or woman up and deal with the fact that shit won't slide. Don't act all innocent and crazy and tell the boss that "I just want to work hard" when they talked all that mess behind their backs, calling them pinche gueros (which means 'fucking white people'), and whatever filth they can think of because it's funny since the White people don't know Spanish. Stop making children in the states just so they can stay in the country, and then using the child as a commodity by saying. "Oh, but I have a kid. You can't take me away from my kid". They knew that if they have a child in this country, they can increase their chances of staying here. That child is a human being and for somebody to put the child in front of the camera and parade them for the sake of their selfishness, is straight up ugly. It sends the message that the child is a thing, or a means to an end and not a person. Stop playing dumb.<<Get the fuck outta here with that!  It is no different than using a pregnancy against a significant other in order to obtain child support. The same goes with arranging fake marriages in North America to gain citizenship (I know the fake marriages and using the kid as an object is a straight up immigration tactic that applies to ALL immigrants, and not just Mexicans, so I'll cut some slack for now). Stop marching and using Dr. Martin Luther King and the Black Civil Rights Movement to represent their cause when y'all know damn well, that people who look like him are "pinche mayates" in some of their eyes (which is strange because like I mentioned before, there are Blacks all up in Mexico  and everybody who is born and raised in Mexico is considered Mexican regardless of color). They can't act like they don't know what I'm talking about. Wait until their kid brings home a Black person and then watch the family react. Lip service in the form of excuses will be made. Things like "Oh, that's just how some people are, and that we are all people anyway...bla bla bla.."  will be said to excuse said behavior and make it okay. It is not okay nor will it ever be.<<Get the fuck on.  They need to stop using hip hop to further the unwarranted hate they have for Black people.<I'm looking at  the cholos. That being said, working with the Aryan Nation is not in their best interest. They don't care about them. Why don't they look at how these people treat them in North America? There is a reason why their parents get hired to do cheap labor. It isn't because they want to make sure their parents do well, it's because they want to keep as much money for themselves as they can. They don't care if the immigrant's family is starving. They only care about maximizing profit for them and only them. There is a reason why most of the people locked up are Black and Brown. They are trying to keep us fighting so they can continue doing their dirt. They are using the immigrants as their mules, and they are getting laughed at, plain and simple.  That being said, I'm probably about to have La Raza all up in my ass for this post. This pinche mayate puta madre might have a green light put on her by Mexican mafia members and previously incarcerated gang members.  I'm not saying this applies to all Mexicans or all immigrants regardless of where they come from. I've met some awesome people that originate from Mexico and other countries who have made North America their home.  All I ask is that they treat me, and people who look like me with respect as long as we do the same to them. Now if somebody who looks like me decides to act like a first class moron with them for no reason, all I can say is that I'm sorry. I can't control how they act, but if an immigrant act likes that with someone who looks like me for no apparent reason, then they deserve any and all wrath that will fall upon them within good reason. All I can do is treat them the way they want to be treated as long as they do the same for myself and others who feel that every human deserves to be treated as such.  ¿Comprende?

No comments:

Post a Comment